• By ICR Secretariat
  • Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Vaping nearly killed me, says British teenager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-50377256

A teenage boy nearly died after vaping caused a catastrophic reaction in his lungs, doctors in Nottingham say.

Ewan Fisher was connected to an artificial lung to keep him alive after his own lungs failed and he could not breathe.

Ewan told BBC News e-cigarettes had "basically ruined me" and urged other young people not to vape.

His doctors say vaping is "not safe", although health bodies in the UK say it is 95% safer than tobacco.